.:fRUit:.

In my First Life, I can't afford trendy fashion. In my Second Life, I'll just learn to *make* trendy fashion.

Slum Chic: A li'l dirt never hurt.

It's a pretty gross understatement to say that these days, filthy is sexy in SecondLife. The grungier you can make it, the better, and the more it looks like you just crawled your way through muddy barbed-wire, the more compliments you're bound to get.

That's why, as I was attempting to stalk a Noam this evening (elusive being that he is, this is much harder than it sounds) I wound up at The Block. The Block is the place for urban grunge fashion, at least, insofar as I've discovered. And after a hesitant inquiry of Zabitan Assia (owner of FORM and co-owner of the Block) about which of his garments he thought would look sexiest on a girl AV, I came away with a mini-makeover to share.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This Before photo is my general kind of wear. A floofy skirt, a pretty top, and sweet hair. (Dazzle *Rendezvous*, .:fRUit:., Kin Keiko *Abby*)

After Zabitan got FORM's dirty paws on me...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I blended in so well, Jonny Dusk mistook me for a slum-maiden and whisked me away to his Grunge Castle (squatter hang-to).
Here you can see me decked out in closeup, looking totally at home in the slummiest of grunge-shui environs. The ShredR low-rise jeans, built for boys like all of FORM, are mouth-wateringly unisex. And, even pale as I am, the never-seen-Clorox grey of the Suspect tank stands out just fine, giving me some subtle hardass definition, too. (FORM*ShredR low*, FORM *Suspect tank*, Kin Keiko *Emi*)

So stark what just those three pieces can do. Sure, everyone knows that Kin and Zabitan are great designers already, that's nothing new. But the best part? Total cost of the main makeover (accessories not included: chokers, bracelets, bodyparts, tattoos) was $300L. Jeans - $75L. Tank - $125L. Hair - $100L.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments

I think the main reason why 'I' love the 'dirty revolution' in SL is that I want my clothes to look lived in. I hate that there are ALOT of under-textured plain looking clothes in SL. I dont want to look like a doll fresh off a factory, no sir!
I love the dirt, I love the paint, I love the blood. Each stain sort of connotes its own little story. I like to have a visual history, factory fresh is such a turn off! Especially in a world where everything is seemingly ageless.

Viva la dirty revolution!

Oh and might I add, you look just as cute dirty hun. :D

I really understand what you mean. While I love the polished & poised looks you can get from Couture Island, Ginny Talamasca's work, or Barnesworth's menswear...I gotta say that I love that one "worn in and worn out" outfit I have in RL better than anything fancy. So I think you're spot on in that SL fashion is exploring ways to make that perfect AV doll look like it actually lives in its clothes and loves them!

And thanks for the compliment. I wasn't fishing XD I swear.

Maybe next I'll target you!

I'll give you a hint. I'm never at the Block. X3

I figure you have to update your stores sometime! I'm compiling a list of "hot-spots." XD

Post a Comment